Human Resources Management and Supply Chain Management are very similar: From the ebb and flows of demand in hiring to the ebbs and flows of candy needed at Halloween or the number of toys cranked out around the holidays. Human Resources (HR), like supply chain, handles a chain of interrelated departments with many different responsibilities all trying to achieve the same goal.
What are the similarities?
Anyone that runs a supply chain will tell you that the three (3) main components of a supply chain are:
- Sourcing – making sure you have the components, raw materials, needed to manufacture the inventory and create the supply.
- Scheduling – Scheduling the production or purchasing of items to line up with the product needs and the demand during different times of year
- Delivery – getting inventory to the right place on time and on budget.
Anyone that runs an HR Department will tell you that the three (3) main components of their department are:
- Sourcing – recruitment and the selection of candidates that match the upcoming demand.
- Scheduling – supplying candidates with opportunities to meet the demand.
- Delivery – hiring candidates to the organization within the right time frame as well as within the budget.
Much like a supply chain, human resources can also be described as the backbone of an organization, and without it, there is a chance the organization could fall apart.
At Plantensive, we’ve worked for leading companies and software vendors so we understand the challenges of designing and managing supply chains & retail planning, appreciate that every company is different, and know what it takes to get things done.
Plantensive is a trusted supply chain and retail planning consulting firm, that helps our clients with end-to-end supply chain solutions. Whether it is an assessment, a software implementation, strategy project, training, and education need, or staffing, our consultant-led projects will ultimately optimize the way your supply chain runs. If you would like to learn more about our supply chain staffing solutions or even have an immediate need, please contact us today!
Author: Lauren Jessup